Cranberry Coconut White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
The mixture of cranberry, coconut, oats, and white chocolate in a cookie—what a delightful blend of flavors! At the end of this recipe, scroll down for a few ideas on how to make this delectable cookie in a healthier version that will keep them coming back for even more!
To create your cranberry coconut white chocolate oatmeal cookies, gather together the following ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
Oats are very nutritious–see their profile here.
For another oat favorite, see this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Begin to add eggs, mixing well
4. In a separate bowl, lightly stir the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Now slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well
6. Once the batter is mixed stir in cranberries, coconut and white chocolate chips
7. I then use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet lightly rounded the cookie dough into a ball shape pat to flatten slightly
8. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges
9. Let cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool
Looking for a healthier version?
It’s easy to make this recipe healthier with just a few changes!
- replace the butter with half or all coconut oil
- replace the brown sugar with honey or date sugar
- replace the eggs with applesauce
- replace the flour with white wheat flour or oat flour
- replace the white chocolate chips with another fruit such as dried blueberries or cherries
With one or more of the above replacements, your cookies will be healthier without losing flavor or texture. You might even find your family likes them better!