Vegetarian Meals for Spring…Spring…growing up in western New York State, Spring meant the snow beginning to melt with slush and mud taking its place, buds on the trees, and little spring flowers like daffodils and crocus beginning to peak through as I waited for my mom’s fragrant lilacs to permeate the yard.
The robins returned from their winter home and baby animals, wild and tame, were being born. I love Spring!
Spring brings about thoughts of barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings. Vegetarian Meals for Spring offers a few options to keep your family and friend social gatherings healthy and quite delicious!
Spring itself is light, airy, and often filled with happiness as new growth emerges, flowers blossom, and the birds fly to their summer homes. Like the Spring air, Spring meals are usually a little lighter than their winter hardy counterparts. While root vegetables such as potatoes, turnips, and yams might dominate the winter meals, spring fare features more greens, fruit, and lighter veggies such as peas and beans.
What is the origin of PICNIC?
Who invented the Barbecue?
More and more, people are turning to increasing their veggie portions to lighten their meals, while still enjoying them. Barbecues might include roasted veggies and even veggie kabobs. Picnic baskets often contain raw carrots and celery to snack on, along with delicious sandwich fare such as hummus and sprouts or cucumber and tomato. Light, nutritious, but so delightful!
Looking for healthy picnic ideas?
15 Vegetarian Meals for Spring
- Any cauliflower lovers out there? http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/whole-roasted-cauliflower-with-lemony-brown-butter/
- This delicious salad is sure to get your taste buds tingling. http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Kohlrabi-Apple-and-Watercress-Salad-with-Sumac-Yogurt-Dressing
- Spring rolls for spring! http://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-fresh-spring-rolls-44177
- These quinoa burgers will be sure to make it feel like spring! http://www.wholeliving.com/136524/30-vegetarian-recipes/@center/136755/green-home-guide
- Here are 4 great ones that will make your mouth water! http://bemorewithless.com/4-simple-vegan-recipes-for-spring/
- Mango salsa for everyone! http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/mango_salsa_2.htm
- Hummus to the rescue! http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/fresh-pea-hummus-crostini-with-pea-tendril-garnish
- Snap peas, yum! http://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-menus-for-spring-168047
- Garlic green beans would make the perfect side dish! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garlic-Green-Beans/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&referringHubId=1988
- Bruschetta is always delicious, especially this version! http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/fast-fresh/spring-vegetable-recipes
- Mushrooms anyone? This would be a great meal or side dish! http://www.delish.com/cooking/g2002/spring-vegetables/?slide=3
- Get it? “Kale”sedilla ? http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/kalesadilla/
- Another great salad option, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/buckwheat-noodle-salad-recipe.html
- Just the side of garlic basil toast is worth this recipe! http://www.midwestliving.com/food/30-meatless-main-dish-recipes/?page=1
Want more healthy vegetarian recipe ideas?
Subscribe to Christmas Country Mom today!
Grilled Veggie Kabobs with several variations
subscribe now and you won’t miss a single recipe!
Veggie kabobs on the grill
Christmas Country Mom
Join our mailing list to
receive the latest news, updates, and special offers!
I hated cauliflower for the LONGEST time, but now my boyfriend and I are eating mashed cauliflower! It’s surprisingly delicious!
And Possibly Dinosaurs
Oh yum! Thanks for sharing these. My husband and I are veggie and I’m always on the hunt for good new veggie recipes so I’ll be trying a few of these out.