Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts…that sweet carrot flavor mixed with smooth cream cheese….it is irresistible! Baked Carrot Cake donuts are just as delicious and maybe even more special.
History of the donut
Our family loves donuts! These baked donuts are much healthier than their fried cousins and still incredibly flavorful!
Fun Facts about Donuts
Easter might be the perfect time to try these. Decorate them with little carrots or perhaps pipe on bunny ears. Would your kids love to decorate their own donuts while their colored eggs dry?
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- Yields: 16 donuts
- Ready in 35 minutes
- Note: These last up to 5 days in a sealed container.
2 cups all-purpose flour (we use white wheat)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional: shredded carrots and chopped nuts for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a donut pan and set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stiruntilfullycombined. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Transfer the batter to a zip lock bag and cut off a tip. Pipe the batter into each donut cavity, filling 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, mix the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the confectioner’s sugar and mix (gradually increasing speed) until the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until the frosting is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Frost the top of the donuts, and garnish with carrots and chopped nuts.
Christmas Country Mom
Join our mailing list to
receive the latest news, updates, and special offers!
this looks so good i want all of them!!!!!LOL haha.:)but now if it was vegan bethany would have it too.they look so good.yum.and when i am in my own house my future husband would want me to make this and all the other foods here on your blog.keep it up mom love you.