It’s 2016, a fact that is incredible enough by itself. I’m not afraid of growing old; in fact, I’m enjoying all that life offers as we grow and learn.
I do, however, find it a bit unnerving at the speed that time seems to elapse. My youngest children will turn 16 years old this year. Many of my same age friends are grandparents. Life moves swiftly, but not always steadily.
My attention to the new year is not so much about age, but rather about ensuring that life this year is as good, no, better than the last. Yes, better, much better. My New Year’s Resolution reflects that desire and is in fact, multi-faceted.
- I am studying Proverbs once again and am attempting to become more of a Proverbs 31 wife and mother. There are many sub parts to this one, of course, but I all are wrapped in Scripture. In addition, I’m supporting our girls in the Proverbs 31 study. Wherever God leads them, it will be a strong base for them.
- My time is not my own. God has blessed me with family and friends to fill my life with love and enjoyment.Of course, I will want a little time to myself, too.
- This blog and much of my life is dedicated to helping others, as well as myself to live a healthier, natural lifestyle. And yes, it’s time for me to get back to my perfect weight!
- Our farm is another blessing from God. I will find a new way each month to improve it and help others through it.
- I am blessed with the ability to write. I’ll keep my blogs active by posting in them at least twice a week. I will also be working on my non-fiction project each week and will complete my first Science Fiction novel this year, or will at least work on it each week, with the intent to finish.
Ambitious? Yes, but that is how I see life, a time to reach out, grasp, and live, really live! I don’t need to travel to exotic places or try dangerous feats; my life with a wonderful family and dear friends fills that need. I am, admittedly, happiest at home with family and pets.
God has given us each a family to embrace, talents to develop and utilize, and energy to jump into each day with a renewed zest for life.
What will 2016 be like for you? Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions? Are you starting the year fresh and new? I’d like to hear how your year is planned!
Rich and I rang in the New Year as we have each year since our children were born, together with our blessings that could be home. I am truly blessed!